Friday 3 July 2015

Snacks Experiment

One of my friends settled in US was here on holiday in June and as usual at the end of her vacation, we shopped for goodies to give to her friends. Mostly, that translates to Haldiram’s and little did she know that it was going to be banned almost as soon as she landed in the US.
She told me “Obviously, I cannot give these to my American friends now. But, I can’t throw all these packets, so much wastage is more than I can bear. And that too Haldiram’s… of all the days they ban Indian products, why did it have to be now?”
I remembered suddenly that the snacks on my ‘surprise’ birthday party had also been Haldiram’s. I had palpitations for all of 1-2 seconds, thinking of all the poison I ingested just few days ago unknowingly. Then came the stark realization that I had not fallen ill despite gorging on the snacks like no tomorrow. In fact, I have never fallen ill after having the supposedly ‘poisonous and adulterated’ content.
Two possibilities immediately sprang to mind – (1) the poison was not enough to cause me even the slight bit of discomfort and / or (2) my body had become resistant to such ‘poisonous’ content.

I am such a curious girl. I want to try some more packets of Haldiram’s to find out how my mind is going to make my body react. 
Standby for further updates on this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment