Sunday 25 October 2015

Protect your crowning glory!

About a month ago, I was worried. At the rate that my hair was falling, I was looking to be bald in few years… at least that was what I felt. 
Yeah yeah yeah! Worry contributes to hair loss too.

Here is a solution that I tried; apparently it worked wonders on my hair when I was child… this judging by the long thick pigtails that I sported in my pictures of old.
  1. Oil your hair every alternate day without fail. The coconut oil should be warmed and into it goes a sprig of curry leaves, thulasi (basil) leaves and the rind of lemon (lucky if you have them fresh from your garden like I did courtesy my friend' garden. You should let the oil set for about 20 minutes.
  2. Use a shampoo that agrees with your hair to wash off the excess oil and dirt on the scalp. I have tried multiple shampoos and found that my hair prefers Dove or Tresemme; 
  3. Wash the hair with a homemade conditioner. Take some hibiscus leaves (check for spots or worms), clean it with a tissue for dust (especially in Mumbai) and then pour some water over it. About 5 minutes later take the hibiscus leaves and rub them together till they start breaking out and then just grind it along with the water. You will get a green liquid which is called ‘Thalli’ in Malayalam. Use it on your hair after the shampoo; it is a great conditioner.

I have tried it and the results look encouraging.
However, stress, worry and some strong allopathy medicines contribute greatly to hair loss so if you still have lumps of hair just falling off, you should have a doctor take a look at you and take appropriate remedial action recommended by your doctor.


Save your crowning glory before it is too late! I hope I have managed to be on the revival track.

No comments:

Post a Comment