Thursday 22 October 2015

Don't dispose off those wine bottles

I was cleaning the kitchen cupboards and I found a lot of wine bottles... I don't know how long they have been up there. I thought of our 'kabadi-wala' who would take away all those things that you no longer have any use of (old newspapers, bottles and what-have-you). I made plans to call him ASAP and take away all the 'junk' I had cleaned out.
Thankfully, ASAP never materialized. 

My next-door neighbor who is a creative soul, is always giving me tips on reusing everything. She makes these fantastic stuff and we are always exchanging things we made with our own hands including food, pieces of clothing, accessories etc.

This Dusshera, I was racking my brains as to what I could make for her that she would love. Obviously, if it was a recycled and transformed product, then it would surely make her gush forth praises for me. & I am such a sucker for that.

Then, my eyes fell on these wine bottles and I decided to try something.

I painted it.

It works well as a vase now as you can see.
But it could also be a candle stand or if you put some small lights in and flip the switch on, the effect could be dazzling.



I recommend that all of you try this at home and bring a smile to the face of your loved ones by reusing some empty bottles.

Wish you all a very happy Dusshera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment