Saturday 24 October 2015

Create your very own kurta!

Ever since I started renewing those things that had mesmerized me till I landed my job, the gifts that I receive from  family and friends  are always on the lines of encouraging and motivating me to pursue my dreams.

I have always loved designing my clothes and enjoyed sewing by hand. This year on my birthday, my parents got me a sewing machine and my friends got me lot of materials for my DIY sewing project. 

This Dusshera was special with the release of my second book and so I decided to design and sew a simple kurti for myself. 

The right cuts as per my measurements, the darts to accentuate the effect of the cut, getting the right length to make me look taller, the embellishments and embroidery... I did it all. 
It took me a day to complete it and I snapped a picture and sent it to my friend who had gifted me that particular material. 

Her overwhelmed voice and words to me will forever remain in my heart.

Makes me want to try more and more to create, check out the possibilities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment