Wednesday 9 December 2015

Quick & Easy to sew kurti for Xmasy wedding!

The Christmas season is upon us. Time to spruce up every aspect of your physical life as well as your spiritual one. One of my thoughts was about the dress I want to sport this Xmas.

Then I remembered that there was a wedding also that I needed to attend.
Typically, weddings are the best time to pull out those dressy sarees from your cupboard and wear them… otherwise they just occupy a lot of space in the cupboard and almost never see the light of the day after one wear. Unfortunately, that cupboard with my dressy sarees was sitting in Kerala. Drat!!!
Then I chanced to see this beautiful dressy material that my aunt had gifted me for my birthday. I never had a chance to stitch it yet.
Problem solved!!!

Having been influenced by all those dresses I had designed and sewn up till date, I went a bit mashup on this one. The heaviest influence I felt was that of the ruffled / gathered hem on the sleeves. I wondered whether I am too old for this but then again, my inner voice quelled my fear by repeating to me what I believe – “You live only once!”



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment