Friday 25 March 2016

Sewing a kurti with special significance this Good Friday!

Jesus died for our sins without question or argument; we commemorate that great sacrifice on Good Friday. 

I sewed a kurti with each color having a specific significance - black to protest the death of an innocent Jesus in a manner most cruel), yellow to proclaim Jesus as the light for removing darkness & evil, and other colors to show Jesus' sacrifice as a victory of good over evil. Light handmade and machine embroidery dotted the bottom and sleeves. I wore this to church. A song was on my lips as I went to attend the Good Friday service -

God gave his life for me, 
O what love I feel,
Jesus, the innocent lamb was slain.

All those protests leave my lips,
For such cruelties,
T'wards the Lord Immanuel.

Jesus, that light you are,
That which removes the dark,
You have conquered the evil in me.

There I do the dance,
To those trumpets blast,
You led goodness to victory!

Thank you Jesus for saving me; you are the light of my world!


No comments:

Post a Comment