Thursday 21 April 2016

Renew and spring-charge your wardrobe with leftover fabric like I did

Earlier when I would get my clothes tailored, I would always request my tailor to give me the material left over. However, I have always been disappointed to hear that 'no material was left over'. Now that I sew the dresses, I am fascinated to find that if the cut is right, you are left over with quite a bit of fabric.
 
Also, I am so forgetful that I have 'burnt' quite a bit of dresses too while ironing. I can't wear them but why should I waste the entire fabric?

I put such fabric that I have collected to good use by reusing such leftover fabric.

This is a kurti I made with leftover material from another kurti. I found matching patches to attach on the sides so as to increase the length & breadth of the kurti.

Now, I also had this crepe material from a shawl that I accidentally burnt during ironing. I made rose flowers & stitched them to give the neck, slits & bottom of the kurti a different kind of look.

I am sure you can revamp your closet to give your dresses that 'new look'. So, what are you waiting for? Spring is in the air; do that spring cleaning of your closet & bring that spring & zing to your wardrobe without burning a hole in your pocket. 

If you need more ideas on what to do with such excess fabric... you know like making making different accessories to complement your wardrobe, then you will love this website -
http://www.allfreesewing.com/
It has inspired me to save up every spare bit of cloth and make beautiful little things that don't even take that much of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment